Sunday, October 16, 2005

Friends of the Library Fall meeting

Yesterday was the Fall meeting of the Friends of the Library. Sharon Meyer has stepped down from her role as president after several years of successful leadership. Nancy Seabury also decided to step down as secretary. Officers now are Anne Cunningham, president; Lee Allison, secretary; George Clausen, treasurer. The Friends is seeking a new vice president. If you are interested, please let us know!

The Friends are in excellent financial shape after a better-than-ever response to the annual membership mailing, including nearly 20 brand new Friends. The Friends voted to supplement the library's conferences & dues budget to help me attend the Public Library Association conference, taking place in Boston next March. I'm very excited to have the opportunity to go! Lee Fritz, Margery Conrey and Sharon Meyer agreed to work on selecting and booking a program of the Humanities Council. The Friends had Rebecca Rule come last Spring and her New Hampshire humor program was very well received.

I discussed my plans to start another movie series and asked for opinions on days and times that would work for people. My suggestion of Sunday late afternoons met with approval. We had said 4:00, but several Patriots games start at 1:00, so 4:00 may be too early to start. I'm thinking maybe 4:30. I will post my list of movies that I'm considering and also welcome your input.

No comments: